!! CUSTOMIZED HELMETS HAVE A 10-15 WEEK PRODUCTION LEAD TIME !!
- Check out our IN-STOCK & PRE-ORDER Helmets
- $50 Name Stamp Promotion - Limited Time Offer (Usually $86.25)
- IMPROVED - Customomized Leather Helmets now only have a 10-15 Week Production Lead Time
- IMPORTANT: If you need your helmet to meet the standards of NFPA 1971 - YOU MUST INCLUDE GOOGLES (ESS or ATAC), earlaps, and lime or red/orange tets. If you do not the helmet will be stickered as an OSHA helmet. Flip Down Bourkes are Non-NFPA. Bourkes can be ordered along with goggles, but will not be installed on NFPA helmets during production.
- Texas requires NFPA certified helmets by state law
Message us on Facebook for any questions that you have.
The Phenix TL-2 Leather Fire helmet is the lightest most comfortable NFPA compliant leather firefighter helmet in the world. A low center of gravity combined with a masterpiece of modern safety, the TL-2 is recognized by firefighters and departments all throughout the world, as the best leather fire helmet ever made.
You have tried and seen other leather fire helmets on the market. They are large, bulky, sometimes uncomfortable but most of all they are heavy. If you have ever worn another leather fire helmet for a long time, you know that feeling you get between your shoulders. With the Phenix, the weight difference is huge. We tested a Cairns N6A leather firefighter helmet and a Phenix TL2 and found that the Phenix was HALF THE WEIGHT. We tested with the same configuration. When you are on a fire scene for several hours, this can make a huge difference in your comfort.
Our personal experience is that once you put a Phenix TL2 leather fire helmet on your head, you will never wear another firefighter leather helmet again. This quite possibly could be the last leather fire helmet you ever buy. It is that much a difference. As you can tell, we love it.
When ordered with NFPA compliant eye protection and reflective options, the TL-2 meets and often exceeds NFPA 1971 standard on Firefighting Protection Equipment. Weighing just under 3.5 pounds, neck fatigue for long scenes or training is virtually eliminated.
The Leather Fire Helmet or "Lid" has been around for hundreds of years. American Firefighters have always worn some variation of a Leather "Lid". Leather was the first material tough enough to be made into a fire helmet. The Phenix TL-2 was developed to provide comfort and reliability while maintaining a beautiful traditional look. Weighing about 55 ounces, it’s one of the lightest and most durable helmets on the market. It’s a handmade masterpiece built in the USA.
Phenix Technology’s Traditional Leather Helmet boasts a low center of gravity and is center balanced, promoting a very low degree of neck fatigue. Our traditional leather models interface with any SCBA mask. We offer several options when building your custom TL2. Be sure to pay special attention to your desired features. If you do not see the helmet options you desire, please contact your local dealer. The approximate weight of this helmet is 55 oz.
TL2 Leather Fire Helmets are available in four standard colors: yellow, black, the new Flat Black, white, and red. Custom colors available upon request for additional cost.
Our standard suspension liners are fully adjustable from 6 ½" to 8 ½". If necessary, other sizing adjustments may be made upon request.
Available in numerous custom colors or with a “Natural” finish, the TL-2 is handmade here in the United States. Like all Phenix Fire Helmets the TL-2 is customizable to fit the need of your department.
- Top grade veg-tanned leather shell with commemorative 9-11 filigree design
- American made Rising Phenix finial (standard)
- American made brass eagle finial (optional upgrade)
- High temperature thermoplastic dome
- Eight 3M lime-yellow reflective tetrahedrons
- Closed cell energy impact cap
- Exclusive Phenix suspension liner (nape strap or ratchet)
- Custom comfort pad integrated into suspension liner.
- Black Nomex and fire retardant cotton 8” earlaps (sewn-in or detachable)
- Nomex webbing chinstrap (postman’s slide, quick release, or combination)
- NFPA compliant goggles with long strap (ATAC or ESS)
- D-ring on rear brim
- Compliant to current NFPA (with required options), CAL and US OSHA standards
Leather fire helmets are perhaps one of the most iconic images that people think of when the word firefighter is mentioned.
What is the difference between NFPA and OSHA helmet styles?
Some leather fire helmet manufacturers have to different helmets to meet the 2 national standards that fire departments usually adhere to (NFPA & OSHA). With Phenix Fire Helmets, the leather helmet is the same for both styles. The only difference between the NFPA leather firefighter helmet and the OSHA leather fire helmet is that the NFPA leather fire helmet will include eye protection and an NFPA sticker. Eye protection is not required for the OSHA certified helmet. NFPA requirements also include Earlaps & Lime Yellow or Orange/Red Hi-Vis Tetrahedrons.
The OSHA is less expensive because the goggles are not required and certifications costs are less as well. The helmets are exactly the same. Most departments require the helmet to meet NFPA standards. The NFPA leather helmet TL2 meets both NFPA and OSHA standards.