Trauma shears are a thing of the past with the new Treck+ multi-tool. It's super simple award winning patented design outperforms the classic trauma shears that we all have grown so accustomed to over the years. The TRECK+ uses the Rapid Edge heavy-duty utility razor blade. Cut through seat belts with a seat belt cutter? Why?
We have all tested those trauma shears to see if they cut through a penny. We all know they do. But how many times are you cutting through a penny on scene? We need a device that is simple to use, very effective, will stand the test of time, and works. The TRECK+ will do just that. Designed to cut through virtually ANY fabric someone may be wearing - the TRECK will do it FASTER than your average trauma shears.
Trauma Shears Alternative: The TRECK+ is an emergency cutting tool, specifically designed to simultaneously remove multiple layers of clothing, seat belts, racing uniforms and other equipment from a trauma patient, without the use of trauma shears.
Most of us agree that trauma shears are slow and sometimes do fail. When we make our first cut we have began a repetitive and tiring process if we have a lot of clothing to cut through. If you have a combative patient, each time the shears are opened, and pushed towards an article of clothing, the lower arm comes in closer contact with your patient.
The TRECK+ tool will work the best when you draw it AWAY from the patient. This prevents getting in contact with the patient from your trauma shears and allows the TRECK+ to slice through materials effectively. Bottom line - get to the wounds and assess your patient quickly safely and easily!
Cut through seat belts, T-Shirts, Jeans, Denim, Firefighter Turnout Gear, leather, thick jackets, hazmat suits, racing gear, heavy uniforms and other hand killing materials!
The TRECK is a safer and faster alternative to trauma shears, specifically designed by EMTs, Paramedics and Firefighters, to simultaneously remove multiple layers of clothing, racing uniforms, leathers, turnout gear and other obstructions from a patient, without the use of trauma shears.
With most articles of clothing and equipment, the initial cut and repetitive motions of squeezing the shears with your thumb and finger can be unsafe, tiring and time consuming. Shears can and sometimes do fail, and ripping can be a mess or not an option with many materials such as leather and jackets.
With a single shearless insertion, and by using your wrist and arm, the TRECK works best as you draw it away from the patient. This prevents contact, and also allows the TRECK to slice through materials more effectively. Access wounds quickly, safely and easily.
No Blade Changes: Replace your TRECK about half as often as shears. The TRECK uses a patented, corrosion-resistant, Teflon-coated, heavy-duty razor blade. The serrated design has 5 cutting surface layers, so it stays sharp longer than any other razor blade cut a hundred times or more, depending upon materials.
Save Hand Fatigue vs. Shears: The TRECK is designed to cut single to multiple layers, thick jackets, motorcycle leathers, leather jackets, wetsuits, hazmat suits, turnout gear, racing uniforms and more.
The TRECK. When trauma shears just dont cut it. Proudly made in the USA.
Purpose-Built - Patented design cuts multiple layers simultaneously, including thick jackets, leathers and heavy uniforms like turnout gear
Safe - Pull away from patient to cut with minimal
tension, and with a single insertion
Fast & Easy to Use - TRECK+ features new, elevated blade angle and optimized ballpoint to blade guide
Saves Hand Fatigue - Single tool makes entire cut without constant squeezing of shears
Effective - Razor-sharp, heavy-duty, Teflon-coated serrated
utility razor blade makes easy and even cuts
Rescue Use - Handle with grips for use with gloves, bright color and ultra lightweight design
Strong & Lightweight - Solid ABS frame weighs
only 2.3 ounces
Inexpensive - Long-lasting, autoclavable, multi-use tool as shears, seat belt cutter and O2 wrench
Lower Force - Blade angle, Teflon coating and ballpoint reduce bunching and friction vs. hook knife and other tools
Weight: 2.3 oz. Dimensions: 8.5 x 2.75 x .5
- Reusable - Patented blade maintains original, razor sharp edge for dozens of uses, and stays sharp for dozens more
- Purpose-Built - Patented design removes multiple layers of clothing simultaneously, including thick jackets and leathers
- Safe - Pull away from patient to cut with minimal tension
- Fast - Optimized blade angle and ballpoint guide
- Easy to Use - Makes entire cut without shears
- Effective - Razor-sharp, heavy-duty, serrated utility blade makes easy and even cuts quickly and safely
- Rescue Use - Handle with grips, bright color and ultra lightweight design. Black for tactical use.
- Strong - Solid ABS frame weighs only 2.3 ounces
- Convenient - Use with Holster or Sheath with Carabiner as a carry item, or for storage in trauma bag
- Inexpensive - Multi-use tool as trauma shears and seat belt cutter, and autoclavable with long-lasting blade
- Lower Force - Blade angle and ballpoint designed to reduce bunching and friction vs. hook knife
- Multi-use tool as trauma shears and seat belt cutters
- Autoclavable with long-lasting blade
- The TRECK. When trauma shears just dont cut it.
- MADE IN THE USA!!!